- Abdomen - Excess fat accumulation in the stomach area can obscure attractive definition.
- Hips - Unwanted fat can make clothing tight and can cause an unsightly muffin top.
- Thighs - Deposits of fat along the thighs can lead to painful chafing.
- Buttocks - Removing fat along the butt can create better shape and definition.
- Back - Fat along the back can contribute to rolls along the bra line.
- Chest - Men can have liposuction to improve the appearance of enlarged male breasts. Women can remove fat from the breasts to improve size and shape.
- Arms - Fat along the arms may appear flabby and unattractive.
- Neck - Submental fat can create the appearance of an unsightly double chin.
Preparing for Surgery
Properly preparing for your liposuction surgery will help you achieve better long-term results. Planning ahead ensures a safe and comfortable recovery. Before your procedure, it is recommended that you do the following:
- Don’t take anti-inflammatory drugs, such as aspirin and ibuprofen, for at least two weeks prior to your surgery
- Don’t smoke for at least six weeks before your procedure
- Don’t consume alcohol in the week leading up to your procedure
- Arrange to have someone drive you home after your surgery
- Set up a comfortable and convenient resting area for your recovery
Dr. Lickstein performs liposuction as an outpatient procedure most often with the patient under general anesthesia. A tumescent fluid is injected into the fat along the treatment area, which breaks up the fat for easier removal. A cannula is inserted into discreetly placed incisions, and vacuum suction removes the unwanted fat. Dr. Lickstein can contour and shape the area to enhance the curves and definition of your body.
Combining With Body Contouring
Liposuction alone is only suited for patients with good skin elasticity. If you are experiencing drooping or sagging tissue in your treatment area, you should consider combining your liposuction with a body contouring procedure. Dr. Lickstein offers tummy tuck, lower body lift, and arms lift surgeries that are designed to remove excess tissue to restore a more firm appearance. The combination of a body contouring procedure with liposuction can provide the most dramatic, long-lasting results possible. Dr. Lickstein will advise you during your consultation on whether you would benefit from a combination procedure.