David A. Lickstein, MD FACS
After completion of world renowned medical training at Northwestern University, Albany Medical College and Massachusetts General Hospital, Dr. Lickstein was delighted to return home to South Florida. Here, his surgical expertise and deep commitment to community involvement have helped him develop one of Palm Beach County’s premier full range aesthetic and reconstructive practices.
Dr. Lickstein is best known for creating natural results in facial rejuvenation and for his approach to “Mommy Make-Over” surgery (a customized combination of breast enhancement and tummy tuck) that emphasizes both proportion and form. Patients trust him to skillfully restore them to their more youthful selves.
When it comes to reconstruction, he is one of the few surgeons in Florida with extensive experience with state of the art single stage implant reconstruction after mastectomy, having performed the procedure since 2007.
He is also highly sought-after for his skill in skin cancer reconstruction and was recently named Director of the Cutaneous Oncology/Skin Cancer Program at Jupiter Medical Center.
In recognition of his skill and commitment he has been named “Best in Palm Beach Gardens” for the past eight years, one of the “Best Doctors in America”, and a Castle Connolly regional “Top Doctor” by his peers. Most recently the Palm Beach County Medical Society honored him as one of a select group of physicians to whom members would choose to refer their families. Nationally, his work has been featured on YAHOO, FOX, WebMD, and CBS.
As a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, Dr. Lickstein is active in both ASPS and ASAPS and works locally in hospital-based research studies. As a husband and father of three girls, he generously supports local initiatives and charities with his time and his resources.
Memberships and Affiliations
- American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- Palm Beach County Plastic Surgery Society
- Fellow, The American College of Surgeons
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Ralph A. Deterling Surgical Society
Honors and Awards
- “Best of Palm Beach Gardens” – U.S. Local Business Association 2008 – 2013
- “Best Doctors in America” 2009 – 2013
- Castle Connolly Top Doctor 2010, 2012, 2015
- New York Upstate Plastic Surgery Society, Annual Scientific Meeting Resident Research Paper Award 2000
- Mary Ellen Mangano Memorial Award 1998, 1999
- Citation for Excellence in Teaching, Tufts University School of Medicine 1995, 1998, 1999