Detailed. Discriminating. Without compromise. This is how patients and peers describe Dr. Lickstein. Your results will be predicated on the techniques, skill, training, experience and judgment of the surgeon you choose. Not every surgeon has the experience and confidence to deliver consistently beautiful results for even the most challenging cases. That is the art behind the science–a combination Dr. Lickstein has built his reputation upon.
“When I went to medical school and made the decision to be a plastic surgeon, I never wanted to lose sight of the fact that I am a physician first and foremost. My sense of fulfillment comes from establishing a strong bond–with patients, my staff and my community. I am thrilled to meet every patient and really get to know them. From the moment they arrive at my office I want them to feel comfortable knowing there will be plenty of time to discuss their concerns. No question will go unanswered. I consider every consultation an investment in a long term relationship. My training allows me to address all areas of the body and I am fluent in the latest options for facial rejuvenation, breast enhancement and body contouring. Over the years I have established a reputation for successfully performing the most complex, demanding procedures and that gives prospective patients confidence when they choose me.”
Not every surgeon can consistently deliver natural results. The question: What is the fine line between just enough – and too much? Dr. Lickstein has the experience and judgment to know that it is a matter of millimeters, sometimes a single stitch – that is the art behind the science. His philosophy and approach combine world-class skill with a sincere devotion to making a difference for his patients, peers, the specialty and the community. In recognition of his skill and commitment he has been named “Best in Palm Beach Gardens”, one of the “Best Doctors in America”, as well as a Castle Connolly regional “Top Doctor” by his peers. Tufts University School of Medicine awarded him the Citation for Excellence in Teaching and a special award for the senior resident most supportive of the more junior trainees.
Refreshed, but not Overdone – The first question Dr. Lickstein asks himself with every patient is, “How can I best achieve a natural, non-surgical appearance?” In Dr. Lickstein’s hands, patients can put aside their fears about looking “overdone”, distorted, too tight or obvious. He considers each patient’s distinct brand of beauty something to build upon rather than change. According to Dr. Lickstein, the finest results are those that are so skillfully executed, that no one can quite figure out what has changed.
The Heart of a Teacher — Despite all the information available on cosmetic and reconstructive surgery, there exists—in some cases– profound misunderstanding about products, procedures, techniques and application. Dr. Lickstein takes his role as educator seriously and allows time to truly explain the safest, best options to accomplish a patient’s goals. His patient, approachable demeanor quickly puts patients at ease.
Why Advanced Training Matters—Microsurgery changes the aesthetic paradigm. Dr. Lickstein’s fellowship in Microsurgery at Harvard Medical School gives him with exceptional skill in a specialty where millimeters make a difference. His background benefits every patient, whether cosmetic or reconstructive in nature.
Board Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, Dr. Lickstein offers a comprehensive range of surgical and non-surgical cosmetic enhancement procedures. Some of the specialized procedures for which he is particularly known include:
- Mommy Makeover – a customized combination of breast enhancement, tummy tuck and liposuction helping women regain their pre-pregnancy shape. Combination procedures deserve special handling and Dr. Lickstein’s thorough care and emphasis on safety puts moms at ease. His surgical plans addresses each patient’s individual concerns. His general surgery training in addition to his plastic surgery residency gives patients a sense of comfort knowing he has the surgical experience for combination cases.
- Breast enhancement – Dr. Lickstein has extensive experience with implant based breast enhancement procedures, breast lift and correction of birth deformities of the breast. He routinely performs highly sophisticated reconstructive surgery of the breast. His approach is one of proportionate, beautiful results using the latest techniques and devices.
- Facial rejuvenation – from medical grade skincare, injectables and fillers, lasers and other noninvasive treatments to eyelid lifts and facelift/necklift procedures, a full menu of services is provided targeting anti-aging and a rested, age appropriate, subtle improvement in appearance. Dr. Lickstein considers his approach to be conservative, but believes less radical surgery doesn’t necessarily mean less dramatic outcomes. A mini facelift for instance doesn’t have to mean a mini result. It just means a more natural result with minimal downtime and scarring.
Dr. Lickstein earned his degree in medicine from Northwestern University Medical School in Chicago, and completed his general surgery residency at Tufts University/New England Medical Center, and his Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery residency at Albany Medical College in New York. He subsequently completed a Fellowship in Hand and Microsurgery at Harvard Medical School-Massachusetts General Hospital’s Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. Dr. Lickstein is a Diplomate of the American Board of Plastic Surgery, and is a member of the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, the Palm Beach County Plastic Surgery Society, as well as many other organizations. He is also a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons.
Dr. Lickstein’s expertise has been sought for a variety of media stories related to plastic surgery, and he has been featured on CBS, WebMD, FOX and Yahoo! among others. His superior technical skills and sincere compassion for his patients places him in a special class of surgeons, able to back up his promise to deliver a great result time after time.
Dr. Lickstein serves on many community boards, and is valued for his leadership. He prides himself on generously giving back to the community that has been so supportive of his surgical practice. In addition, he serves as a member of the Operating Room Governance, Breast Leadership and Surgery Peer Review Committees at Jupiter Medical Center. Most recently the Palm Beach County Medical Society honored him as one of a select group of physicians to whom members would choose to refer their families. He truly believes and espouses the concept that we are all capable of doing more and giving back.
Memberships and Affiliations
- American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- Palm Beach County Plastic Surgery Society
- Fellow, The American College of Surgeons
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Ralph A. Deterling Surgical Society
Honors and Awards
- “Best of Palm Beach Gardens” – U.S. Local Business Association 2008 – 2016
- “Best Doctors in America” 2009 – 2016
- Castle Connolly Top Doctor 2010, 2012, 2015-2016
- New York Upstate Plastic Surgery Society, Annual Scientific Meeting Resident Research Paper Award 2000
- Mary Ellen Mangano Memorial Award 1998, 1999
- Citation for Excellence in Teaching, Tufts University School of Medicine 1995, 1998, 1999